Day 1
It was totally gorgeous today - the kids were up and ready to go!! We got our chores done quickly, then it was play time!! At 10am, I helped Brec's Webelos den with their activity (at my house) and we talked about electricity and even did the light bulb & battery demo. They loved it! We are also working on the Athlete so we got to go outside too. Once they were out, we didn't even try to get them back in!! They played basketball in the backyard for awhile. My girls, in the meantime, decided to get the waterguns out and soak each other on the driveway (and a few passing cars - sorry!!)
We had a picnic lunch on the deck and then I rode bikes and scooters with the kids on the sports court. Can't wait for summer!!!
One requirement for Webelos for Brec was to assist in washing the car, so next, off we went to the car wash to Spring Clean the car!! It took at least 3 or 4 turns with the vac to suck up all the gunk out of the carpet - I can't even count the pencils I found lifting up the seats!! KC came by to help, thankfully, as I was feeling the burn trying to go faster than the quarters ran out!!!
Over in the car wash, we put a movie on inside the car for the girls, then filled the machine with quarters and proceeded to teach Brec the art of car washing!! It was quite funny - those power washers are quite a handful for 10 yr olds!! KC was patient, even when he got squirted a couple of times!! I think a few more times at it this summer, and Brec will be a pro. We even had enough quarters left to get an ice-cream each at the gas station :)





3 comments:
I am assuming this was all done on Monday when the weather was 70 and not yesterday when the temps were in the 30's and snow was falling?? :) I hope the rest of your spring break is as productive and fun!
What a fun day with the family and with Brec learing how to car wash. How fun
We often joke that our 72 hour kit is what we have on the floor of our maxi van! Don't you love having your kids around you for spring break? We love 7 brides for 7 brothers and those "Sobbin' Women"! have fun with your kiddos!
Post a Comment